Des-Case Extreme Duty Breathers
The DES-CASE (DC-XD-6) Extreme Duty Breather, automotive-grade housing and solid standpipe design offers increased airflow, vibration resistance, and temperature range.
Every element of the Des-Case Extreme Duty Disposable Breathers has been designed to take contamination control to a whole new level, standing up to a wide variety of applications in challenging environments. Des-Case Extreme Duty Breathers attack the cause of contamination, keeping dirt and water where it belongs – out of your equipment.
As wet, contaminated air is drawn through the unit, multiple 0.3 micron filter elements remove solid particulate and the colour-indicating silica gel extracts moisture. When air is expelled from the container, the top foam pad prevents oil mist from contacting silica gel or entering the atmosphere. The hydrophilic agent is partially reactivated by the dry air passing back through.
Key features of the Des-Case Extreme Duty Breather include:
- Unit Height (in/mm): 6.51” / 165.4 mm
- Unit Diameter (width in/mm): 5.1” / 129.5 mm
- Amount of Silica Gel (lbs/kg): 1.75 lbs. / 0.79 kg
- Adsorption Capacity (fl oz/ml): 10.65 fl.oz. / 315 mL
- Max. Flow Rate (cfm): 16 @ 1 PSID
- Max. Flow Rate (lpm): 456
- Filtration: absolute (>200)
- Operating Temp. Range (°F): -40ºF to 300ºF
- Operating Temp. Range (°C): -40ºC to 148.89ºC
- Hydrophilic Agent: Silica gel
- Filter Media: ePTFE
- Connection Size: 1½” x 16 UN female thread
- Body Material: Polycarbonate / Polybutylteraphtalate (PC/PBT), Polytetrafluoroethylene, Aluminium, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate
Des-Case Extreme Duty Breather specifications include:
- Automotive grade housing and solid standpipe design offer increased vibration resistance and temperature range
- Three layers of protection to 0.3 micron absolute
- Internal check valve system
The Des-Case Breather is outfitted with a rugged housing and an integrated standpipe, allowing for decreased oil misting while offering improved vibration resistance. Visual indicator windows show the desiccant as it changes colour, indicating that the breather should be replaced. Check valves keep out ambient humidity while the system is at rest.
The key benefits of the Des-Case Extreme Duty Breather include:
- Eliminates rust forming condensation
- Prevents sludge deposits and water contaminated oil.
- Provides longer oil and filter life.
- Reduces wear and tear on equipment, prolongs life.
Ideal operating environments for the Des-Case Extreme Duty Breather include:
- Harsh environments
- Mobile equipment
- Nautical applications
The Des-Case Extreme Duty Breather can be used in a variety of applications:
- Mobile & Off-Road Equipment
- Nautical Applications
- Truck Differentials
The Des-Case Extreme Duty Breather can be used in a variety of industries:
- Off-Road & Mobile Equipment
- General Manufacturing
- Food & Beverage
Explore the Des-Case (DC-XD-6) Extreme Duty Breather
1 Quad Check Valves
Check-valves provide system pressurisation, protecting system integrity and extending product life.
2 Filter Element
ePTFE filter removes airborne contamination to 0.3-micron absolute. Stops free water.
3 Water Vapour Adsorbent
Colour-indicating silica gel adsorbs water from incoming air. Replace when colour changes from blue to pink.
4 Filter Element
Second particulate filter element protects against migration of desiccant.
5 Visual Indicator
Windows on two sides of breather allow for easy monitoring of desiccant.
6 Rugged Housing
Constructed from a PC/PBT alloy that maximizes chemical compatibility at the surface and impact resistance at the core.
7 Foam Pad
Foam filter captures any oil mist and disperses incoming air evenly over filtration and drying areas.
8 Integrated Standpipe
Resilient construction provides durability and allows oil mist to coalesce and drain back into the reservoir
At Neilson Hydraulics we stock and supply Des-Case Breathers. To enquire, please call T: 01709 801 002 to speak to a member of our technical sales team or visit our website to view the full Des-Case product range: https://www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk/store/des-case