Danfoss Hydraulics, also known as Danfoss Power Solutions, is a division of the Danfoss Group, a global leader in the field of engineering solutions. The company has a rich history dating back to its establishment in 1933 by Mads Clausen in Nordborg, Denmark.
Founding and Initial Focus: Danfoss was founded as a small workshop producing expansion valves for refrigeration systems. Mads Clausen's vision was to create innovative and reliable solutions for various industries.
Expansion and Diversification
Post-World War II: After World War II, Danfoss experienced significant growth and began diversifying its product range. The company expanded its operations globally, establishing a presence in multiple countries.
Entry into Hydraulics: In the 1960s, Danfoss entered the hydraulic systems market, marking the beginning of its journey into what would later become Danfoss Hydraulics.
Evolution into Danfoss Power Solutions
Strategic Acquisitions: Over the years, Danfoss made strategic acquisitions to strengthen its position in the hydraulics industry. Notable acquisitions include Sauer-Sundstrand in 2000, which played a pivotal role in expanding Danfoss's hydraulics portfolio.
Technology and Innovation: Danfoss Power Solutions has been at the forefront of technology and innovation in the hydraulics sector. The company has developed advanced hydraulic systems for various applications, including mobile equipment, industrial machinery, and renewable energy.
Mobile Hydraulics: Danfoss Power Solutions specializes in mobile hydraulic solutions for off-highway vehicles, agricultural machinery, construction equipment, and more. Their products include hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, and electronic components.
Industrial Hydraulics: The company also provides hydraulic solutions for industrial applications, offering a wide range of products designed to meet the diverse needs of manufacturing and other industries.
Neilson Hydraulics is an official sales partner for Danfoss in the UK with a vast experience and technical expertise on all things Danfoss hydraulics. We supply a range of Danfoss Valves, Motors, Pumps, Joysticks, Steering Units and PLUS+1® Mobile Electronics.
Neilson Hydraulics also offers the renowned Danfoss PVG 32 Proportional Valve complete assemblies and components including:
- Design, valve build, specification
- Assemble components and test (including certificate) Danfoss PVG 32 Components Sales
- Repair of existing Danfoss PVG 32 Valves
The Danfoss PVG (Proportional Valve Group) series is a line of hydraulic proportional valves developed and manufactured by Danfoss Power Solutions. These valves are designed to provide precise control of hydraulic systems in various applications, ensuring efficiency, reliability, and flexibility.
Here's an overview of the Danfoss PVG series:
- Proportional Valve Technology:
- Precise Control: The Danfoss PVG series utilizes proportional valve technology, allowing for precise control of hydraulic flow and pressure. This is crucial in applications where accuracy and responsiveness are essential.
- Modular Design:
- Configurability: One of the key features of the PVG series is its modular design. The valves are available in various configurations, and users can assemble them in different combinations to meet the specific requirements of their hydraulic systems.
- Flexibility: This modular approach provides flexibility for system integrators and end-users to customize hydraulic solutions according to their application needs.
- Application Versatility:
- Mobile and Industrial Applications: The Danfoss PVG series is suitable for a wide range of applications, including both mobile and industrial hydraulic systems. This versatility makes it a popular choice for various industries such as agriculture, construction, material handling, and more.
- PVG 16: This valve is designed for smaller hydraulic systems and offers precise control in applications with limited space.
- PVG 32: The PVG 32 is a versatile valve suitable for medium to large hydraulic systems. It is known for its robustness and adaptability to different applications.
- PVG 100: The PVG 100 is designed for high-flow hydraulic systems, providing proportional control in demanding applications that require significant hydraulic power.
- Electronic Control Options:
Danfoss PLUS+1™ Compatibility: The PVG series is often compatible with Danfoss's PLUS+1™ electronic control systems. This compatibility enables seamless integration with electronic control units (ECUs), allowing for advanced control and monitoring capabilities.
- Enhanced Performance:
Efficiency and Energy Savings: The PVG series is engineered to enhance overall system performance, contributing to increased efficiency and potential energy savings in hydraulic systems.
- Quality and Reliability:
Danfoss Reputation: Danfoss is renowned for its commitment to quality and reliability, and the PVG series is no exception. These valves are built to withstand the rigors of demanding industrial and mobile applications.
- Industry Standards and Certifications:
Compliance: The Danfoss PVG series typically complies with industry standards and certifications, ensuring that it meets or exceeds the required performance and safety specifications.
Designed for integration
Get fast, accurate and intelligent operation with our plug and perform PVE actuators – under any operating and environmental conditions.The portfolio includes more than 50 different versions of our PVE actuators – from simple analog on/off actuators to SIL 2 certified CAN bus actuators.
For more detailed information of what is a Danfoss PVE actuator please click the link to our detailed blog.
At Neilson Hydraulics we also stock the new Danfoss PVE series 7 actuators. The Danfoss PVE S7 (series 7) is often referred to as ‘Tomorrow’s Actuator Today.’ As a long standing official Danfoss Sales Partner, Neilson Hydraulics are proud to have become one of the leading hydraulic authorities on the flagship Danfoss PVG 32 Proportional Valve range and are excited to introduce the new Danfoss PVE Series 7 Actuator. The Danfoss PVE S7 is engineered based on the existing, highly successful Danfoss PVE series.
At Neilson Hydraulics we can help with all your Danfoss hydraulic power solutions